Who are The Gloucestershire Carers Hub?
Gloucestershire Carers Hub support all unpaid Carers over the age of 18 years who support someone who has a disability or illness, usually a family member or friend. This is a free service as part of the NHS CCG and Gloucestershire County Council. A Carer does not have to live with the person they care for.
What is the Carer Aware?
‘Carer Aware’ aims to build on awareness of unpaid Carers within businesses and the wider community in Gloucestershire.
‘Carer Aware’ was established from the suggestion of an unpaid Carer who wanted to help other Carers across the County be identified more easily by professionals, businesses, organisations and fellow unpaid Carers. During Covid-19, Carers were issued with badges to allow them priority access to supermarkets and other community services.
From the use of the Carer Aware badge, we noticed an increase in Carers being identified within the community and wanted to build upon this. The Carer Aware Discount Card gives Carers the opportunity to have an easy and discreet way to identify that they are a Carer and enable them to access services.
Did you know?
- The Carer Aware Discount Card aims to create a Countywide standard of the identification of Carers which will allow them priority access to discounts and concessions.
- In turn, it will give Carers the opportunity to support their local economy.
- We aim to raise awareness within local shops and businesses of the 62,644 carers* (2011 Census) in Gloucestershire.
Want to find out more?
On the 23rd of November 2021 at 10.30am, join us for the launch of our Carer Aware Discount Card. The session will give an overview of the card, businesses who have signed up already and an overview of the simple registration process for other businesses to enable them to offer discounts.
To join the session please click the link below:
Businesses who have already signed up include:
- Annies Holistic, Gloucester
- Aspire Trust Leisure
- Dean Heritage Centre, Forest Of Dean
- Fatica’s Garage, Gloucester